- Yield: 5-8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Bratwurst Burger w/ Cheese Skirt
WARNING!! Once you try this bratwurst burger you will look at 100% beef hamburgers 100% differently.
Your common bratwurst is mainly pork, however you can experiment with more expensive brats made with lean cuts of beef and/or veal. Just make sure to read the ingredients before shelling out the bucks! After you try this recipe and enjoy it, don't think about going full brat, never go full brat, it just ain't right.
Please note: This recipe calls for both your grill and skillet. Two meat families, two processes.
- Ground Beef - 1 lb.
- Bratwurst - 1 lb.
- Cheddar Cheese - Shredded - Handful per Burg
- Hamburger Buns - 8
- Ketchup - Optional
- Lettuce - Optional
- Tomato - Optional
- Red Onion - Optional
- Remove bratwurst from it's casing
- Mix thoroughly with the ground beef and form into patties
- Grill, do not pan fry these burgers to preferred doneness, I suggest medium because of the next steps
- Heat skillet to meduim heat, place the brat-burg in the center and mound with cheese. This is ouly to melt the chesse and not to cook the burg!!!
- Cover and cook until cheese is fully melted and place the top bun on top. Usually about 5 minutes for the first one and 3 minutes for the rest once everything heats up.
- Cover and cook for another minute and the skirt is crispy brown.
- Use a spatula and place on bottom bun that's loaded with your favorite condiments. Except pickles, leave those to spicen up your bland 100% beef burgers.
Serve alone or with a nice IPA and enjoy!