- Yield: Serves 8
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 15 Minutes minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: Lots!
- Carbohydrate Content: a Bunch
- Cholesterol Content: More than your Dr. would allow
- Fat Content: Ugh... Did you see how much butter is in this recipe?
- Fiber Content: Minimal
- Protein Content: A little in the shrimp
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Sodium Content: slight
- Sugar Content: No added sugar
- Trans Fat Content: Just whats in the butter
- Unsaturated Fat Content: Ugh... Its mostly butter and bread! Do the math
NorthWest Shrimp toast
Celebrate the flavors of the Pacific Northwest with our version of Garlic Bread on Steroids. Seasonal Oregon shrimp meat tops this Garlic lovers favorite that goes well with fish, pasta or all by it's self.
- Sour dough French bread - 1 Artisan loaf
- Sedona Ghost Garlic - 20 cloves
- Oregon Shrimp meat - 2 lb's
- Butter - 1/2 lb
- Parmesan cheese - 1/2 Cup Fresh grated.
Slice sour dough loaf in half just as you would for Garlic bread.
Using a spoon carve a channel in the center of each half of the loaf about 1/2 the width of the loaf and about 1/2 the way down to the crust.
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees
Slice each stick of butter into 4 squares and place them in a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave on high about 30 seconds or until the butter is just soft enough to push a fork through it.
Using a Garlic press crush the Ghost garlic cloves into the butter and mix with a fork.
Microwave the mixture until it's just soft enough to brush onto the bread but not melted. About 15 seconds.
Place the bread on a baking sheet
Brush the mixture over both halves of the bread coating all of the surface out to the crust.
Bake the bread until it just starts to brown. About 5 minutes.
While the bread is baking grate the Parmesan cheese.
Remove the bread from he oven.
Using a large spoon, fill the channel in the bread with the shrimp meat.
Top with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven until cheese is melted and browned nicely. About 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and slice just like you would garlic bread.